Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Fall of 2007

Hi all my buddies!

I hope you are all doin ok. We have an apartment in Toronto and it's really central and on the subway line. The beer in Canada is all at least 5% alc, as opposed to the 4.3% you get in ireland. "Good." As Gooner said, I'm drinking Canada Dry.

I was a bum for ages cos they wouldnt give me my Social insurance number. So I was looking for gigs in bars the whole time so as not to "p*** my bank account up against a wall". I have 2 gigs per week in an Irish Bar called Mullins Alehouse and an Irish Bar named James Joyce. Which is a fake Irish bar because they don't like Irish music there. Which is what I'm hired to play - or "gaelic celt music" as they call it :D I'm loving all the muppets telling me they are two-thirteenths irish. "My great grandma was from Tipperkenny." wow.

When we got here in September we did the usual touristy stuff. The CN Tour, which has a glass floor that looks all the way down to the grand - terrifying. Then Niagara Falls, which is the most epic thing ever.
They have a bit of a Bundoran beside niagara falls with amusements and bars. the first place we went into was called "Fear Factory". We lasted about 30 seconds. They have a no refunds policy because so few people make it through the whole thing. They end up running, terrified, out the way they came! It was pitch dark. The first thing was a body on a table. Grand. But then a big wall of nails came flying at us. It was such a shock that Elaine actually fell over. hahahahahahaha!

So we kept going. It was so dark, I think that's what really freaked us out. our own imaginations! We were in such shock that walking a few feet more down the corridor, there was a horrifying growl noise from one of the characters and that just sent us out of there at 90mph! Elaine was screaming to turn on the lights. SO FUNNY. We got "chicken cards". We were number 84 thousand and something. I believe it. I dare anyone who visits Niagara Falls to go into "Fear Factory".
.
So then we went for a stiff drink. (in fact most of our chapters have that conclusion).

No comments: