Monday, April 14, 2008

Arrival


Elaine and I started in Keswick, Ontario, with the intention of soon getting jobs and maybe some pub gigs. Not before a little tour of the province, though.

Decided that since its not summer then it must be snowy in canada. wrong. feckin 32 degrees yesterday. When I got off the plane last friday in a big furry winter coat, people were nearly laughing at me! A big hefty female security guard said "I think you'll find you're a little overdressed." So the first experience I had with a Canadian was a sarcastic remark. I gave her an uppercut, and went on my way.

Things are really different over here. Everywhere there would be a pub in Ireland, these lads have Fast Food places instead. They love the pizza and chicken and all that! There are alot of round people, needless to say, but there is an ample amount of 'baby girls' aswell.
"Hey little baby girl, you kno wum sayin?"

Let's clear the air on one thing before I continue. Canadians cannot drink. There is the odd 'experienced drinker' who usually works in a bar, who tells you they could drink you under the table. If you ask them how so, they will proudly boast that they once drank 6 whiskey and cokes in the space of 2 hours.

It's best to just gasp and say "wow".

No comments: