Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Back to Kinder Bueno

After old Rio we got the flight back to B.A., for one more night. It was the first night we had to spend in different dorms. I had to share a dorm with the hostels resident slapper. She was really loud talking while I tried to sleep. So I listened to Dimmu Borgir serenade me to sleep.

A funny memory about the Clan Hostel in BA was that the brekky chef listened to Coldplay´s new album every morning. And I kept Me and Mark´s ongoing joke running that you start to love Coldplay when you reach your mid 20s. haha. Everyone thought I was slagging Coldplay but really I wasn´t! I´m mid 20s myself.

The next place was Puerto Iguassu. A village that called itself a city. With one banklink. And no shops took credit card. Scaldaloon. The attraction of Iguazu is the giant waterfalls on the Brazilian border. It was very epic. How many massive waterfalls will I have to see to get numb to their unfathomable power!


We did this boat ride and actually went UNDER the waterfall and got destroyed! Absolutely soaked for the day. The water was freezing. And there was a kid crying behind me. That made it for me. Because he thought it was over but the boat just kept going back in and the kid was going mental. His dad was just laughing. A good man.



We went on a walk to a waterfall named ´The Devils Throat´. Metal. There was a sign that warned about snakes and Elaine went mental. I told her that there are no snakes on the path because they are afraid of humans. haha.

You learn loads about people when you go travelling. There was this pair of very masculine women also at Iguazu Falls on the same day. They just gave out and snapped at each other every time we saw them. Why the hell are they travelling together if they are like that all the time? Mental. I wonder what they are arguing about as I type this.

We did not go to the Brazilian side of the waterfalls for a different perspective of the falls. We just headed to Salta on a 23 hour bus journey - a bit horrific. But the buses are better than Bus Eireann buses. They have food and movies. I have heard stories about people having their cameras and passports and even their full bags stolen on these buses. We have been ultra careful so far and have not have any issues. Apparently Ecuador is the place where the thieves (or ´ladrones´) are the cleverest. I´ve heard of some ingenius ways that people have stolen handbags. We will be there in a few weeks.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i went to a tom waits tribute night the other night. i thought of you. i thought "these guys aren't half as sound as brendan". hello to you both.

Steven Dunican said...

Hahah I'm in bits laughing about the man laughing at his son crying. Legend.